CM REAS keeps your good streets in good condition with a durable and high-quality solution that is guaranteed to last.
FLEX CAPE is a multi-layered system designed to seal cracks and provide a smooth surface for alligatored and distressed streets with a good ride.
CM FLex Cool
CM Flex Cool is a lighter colored solution designed to cool your neighborhoods while preserving and protecting your streets.
- CM Reas
- Flex Cape
- CM Flex Cool
Central Mix Rubberized Emulsion Aggregate Seal
CM REAS is a long-lasting, high-quality pavement preservation solution that is proven to be more durable and sustainable when compared to slurry seal. (LCCA)
Slurry Seal (left) and CM REAS (right)
CM REAS and slurry seal were applied side by side in September 2014 on two sides of the same street with similar traffic counts.
CM REAS is a blend of asphalt emulsion, California recycled tire rubber, aggregate, polymers, plus stabilizers and performance additives.
CM REAS is made at a Central Mixing Plant in order to provide the highest quality solutions. Each batch is mixed according to our scientifically designed formulas and rigorously tested to ensure all Greenbook specifications are exceeded.
CM REAS is offered in 3 standard gradations:
- CM REAS is different from other materials on the market. It does not compete on initial price, but CM REAS is the less expensive long-term solution according to the LCCA (Life Cycle Cost Analysis)
- CM REAS is a higher quality solution because it utilizes a modified binder that is engineered as an anti-rutting asphalt binder. This modified binder is stronger, stiffer and holds up against higher temperatures.
- To ensure stronger and longer lasting streets CM REAS is required by Standard Greenbook specifications to use twice the amount of modified binder than other companies use of their generic binder. *See asphalt comparison chart below
- CM REAS is more consistent and reliable because it is manufactured at a batch plant and rigorously tested every day.
- CM REAS uses recycled California tires to increase performance and makes one of the most sustainable street preservation materials available.
- CM REAS outperforms other materials and last over 7 years with one application and comes with a 7-year guarantee.
- Although it is a larger initial investment, because of its durability and lifecycle (LCCA), CM REAS is the most cost-effective choice.
Matrix of Comparison
|CM REAS||Slurry Seal||Micro Surfacing|
|Rubber from California Recycled Tires|
|Mixed at a Central Mixing Plant|
|Mixed at the back of the truck|
|Can use RAP as aggregate|
|Daily testing in PMI laboratory|
|Separate Greenbook specification|
|7 year warranty|
|1 year warranty|
Asphalt Comparison Chart
|Minimum Residual Asphalt Content %, by dry weight of aggregate|
|Type||CM REAS||Conventional Slurry²||Micro Surfacing|
According to the CM REAS Performance tracking study, 24 of 26 streets have at least 70% CM REAS remaining after 5 to 7 years.
In the long run CM REAS saves you money!
Extending the life of your distressed streets
A Multi-layered system designed to seal cracks and provide a smooth surface for alligatored and distressed streets with a good ride and base.
- 10-year warranty
- Sustainable and environmentally friendly
- Uses engineered binder for enhanced durability
- Utilizes high performance CM REAS
- Thin Overlay Alternative
- Better Life Cycle Cost Analysis than Cape Seal or Thin Overlay
CM Flex Cool
A new solution designed to cool your neighborhoods while preserving and protecting your streets.
CM Flex Cool is a lighter colored pavement preservation solution designed to help mitigate the heat island effect. CM Flex Cool has improved albedo characteristics which reflects more sunlight and reduces pavement temperatures.
CM Flex Cool is different from other cool products on the market. CM Flex Cool not only cools surface temperatures, but also utilizes a Type II aggregate to increase the durability, longevity and provide a wearing course for the surface.
This means CM Flex Cool is providing the cooling of surface temperatures and a pavement preservation in one solution.
- Uses Type II aggregate for durability and performance
- Ideal for residential streets and neighborhoods
- Delivered and applied in the same manner as CM REAS
- Clean application with no stock piles
- Uses a modified and engineered binder
- Innovative technology